Are you a professional or amateur athlete or performer looking to improve your ability?
Maybe you’re in a slump and need to get back on your game, or are struggling with the demands of your sport, discipline, training or practice load, coach, or organisation?
Perhaps you’re having a tough time dealing with the consequences of injury, deselection or retirement?
Or you might be trying to lose weight, motivate yourself to exercise more often, or make a change to a healthier lifestyle…
Sport and performance psychology consists of empirically-based techniques and skills that can help you perform better as an athlete or performer, cope with problems and setbacks, and maintain consistent, high-level performance.
Dr. Jeremy Adams has worked with international, national, state and amateur-level athletes, as well as performing artists, business people and other professionals to enhance performance, ability and coping. Jeremy has also served as Principal Lecturer and program director on an MSc in Sport and Performance Psychology at London Metropolitan University, and is an international authority on a wide variety of sport and performance psychology techniques.
We can help with:
Sport and Performance:
- Mental toughness
- Attention and focus
- Goal setting
- Communication and teamwork
- Performance anxiety management
- Coping under pressure
- Improving competitive performance
- Injury coping and recovery
- Retirement and transition
- Mental imagery
- Activity-specific performance
- Life balance
- Activity-specific stress
- Life stress
- Improved performance
- Sustained weight loss and management
- Stress reduction
- Psychological wellbeing
- Overall health
Whom we work with:
- Elite athletes
- Amateur athletes
- Sporting teams at all levels
- Beginner and committed exercisers
- Performing artists (e.g., musicians, actors, dancers)
- Professionals (e.g., business people, CEO’s, company directors, managers)
- Emergency service personnel